Telecom Italia says will not discuss capital hike on Thursday
MILAN, July 31
MILAN, July 31 (Reuters) - Telecom Italia said on Wednesday discussion of a capital increase at its board meeting on Thursday was not on the agenda.
"The company clarifies that the discussion of a capital increase is not an item on the agenda of the Board of Directors meeting on August 1," it said in a statement.
An unsourced report in newspaper Il Messaggero said on Wednesday Telecom Italia Chairman Franco Bernabe was mulling a cash call to help cope with financial difficulties. (Reporting by Stephen Jewkes; editing by Francesca Landini)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey as Islamic State advances |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |