Marriott profit rises on business travel rebound
(Reuters) - Marriott International Inc MAR.N reported a 25 percent jump in quarterly profit as more business travelers checked into its hotels, paying higher room rates.
Net income rose to $179 million, or 57 cents per share, in the second quarter, from $143 million, or 42 cents per share, a year earlier.
(Reporting by Bijoy Koyitty in Bangalore; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |