Marriott profit rises on business travel rebound
(Reuters) - Marriott International Inc MAR.N reported a 25 percent jump in quarterly profit as more business travelers checked into its hotels, paying higher room rates.
Net income rose to $179 million, or 57 cents per share, in the second quarter, from $143 million, or 42 cents per share, a year earlier.
(Reporting by Bijoy Koyitty in Bangalore; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Easter Island's ancient inhabitants weren't so lonely after all
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting