Marriott profit rises on business travel rebound
(Reuters) - Marriott International Inc MAR.N reported a 25 percent jump in quarterly profit as more business travelers checked into its hotels, paying higher room rates.
Net income rose to $179 million, or 57 cents per share, in the second quarter, from $143 million, or 42 cents per share, a year earlier.
(Reporting by Bijoy Koyitty in Bangalore; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Hong Kong protesters plan march after fruitless talks with government
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home