Nintendo keeps 2013/14 Wii U sales forecast unchanged at 9 million
TOKYO (Reuters) - Nintendo Co said on Wednesday it has kept its Wii U game machine sales forecast for the year through March 2014 unchanged at 9 million consoles, although sales during the April-June first quarter were a modest 160,000 machines.
Nintendo, which began by making playing cards in the late 19th century, is counting on the new Wii U to revive its fortunes.
The creator of the Super Mario franchise sold 1.4 million 3DS handheld consoles in the quarter compared with 1.86 million during the same period a year earlier.
(Reporting by Shinichi Saoshiro; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Financial health: The four numbers to zero in on
- Ebola patient coming to U.S. as aid workers' health worsens
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |