SunPower posts second-quarter profit
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - SunPower Corp (SPWR.O), which makes solar panels and builds power plants with them, on Wednesday reported a quarterly profit, after a year-ago loss, helped by strong demand for its solar panels in utility, commercial and residential projects.
The second-quarter net profit was $19.6 million, or 15 cents per share, compared with a net loss of $84.2 million, or 71 cents per share, a year ago.
SunPower is majority-owned by French energy company Total SA (TOTF.PA).
(Reporting by Nichola Groom; Editing by Carol Bishopric)
- Fired-up Republicans have edge in midterm turnout war
- Branson to meet Virgin Galactic space team after crash |
- Soldiers vie for power after Burkina Faso president quits |
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |