U.S. autumn nuclear outages expected down over 50 pct yr/yr -survey
July 31 (Reuters) - Planned refueling outages at U.S. nuclear power plants this autumn are expected to drop to the lowest level in years due in part to the retirement of four reactors in 2013, according to data from a Reuters survey released Wednesday.
About 14,300 megawatts (MW) of nuclear capacity, more than half of the outage level seen last year, is expected to be offline at the peak of the 2013 autumn refueling season, which typically occurs in mid-October, the survey showed.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections