AIG profit rises 17 percent, announces dividend
Aug 1 (Reuters) - American International Group Inc reported a 17 percent rise in second-quarter profit, helped by strong performance in its insurance operations, and the company reinstated a quarterly dividend.
Net income rose to $2.73 billion, or $1.84 per share, in the quarter, from $2.33 billion, or $1.33 per share, a year earlier.
On an operating basis, AIG earned $1.12 per share.
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in row over New York envoy arrest
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |