Bombardier profit rises 22 percent
Aug 1 (Reuters) - Canadian aircraft and train maker Bombardier Inc reported a 22 percent rise in second-quarter profit, helped by growth in its train business.
Net profit rose to $180 million, or 10 cents per share, from $147 million, or 8 cents per share, a year earlier.
On an adjusted basis, the company earned 9 cents per share.
Revenue rose to $4.43 billion from $4.17 billion.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia