Bombardier profit rises 22 percent
Aug 1 (Reuters) - Canadian aircraft and train maker Bombardier Inc reported a 22 percent rise in second-quarter profit, helped by growth in its train business.
Net profit rose to $180 million, or 10 cents per share, from $147 million, or 8 cents per share, a year earlier.
On an adjusted basis, the company earned 9 cents per share.
Revenue rose to $4.43 billion from $4.17 billion.
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers search site of NY building collapse; seven dead |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |