TABLE-Belgian July new car registrations fall 5 pct y/y
BRUSSELS Aug 1 (Reuters) - The Belgian Federation of Car Industries (Febiac) released the following data on Thursday:
New car registrations JULY 2013 JUNE 2013 JULY 2012
Total for the month 34,879 43,158 36,701
Year-on-year change (pct) -4.97 -9.42 +5.2
Year-to-date total 324,752 289,873 321,817
Cumulative change (pct) +0.91 +1.67 -10,94
Figures also showed that brands distributed by D'Ieteren , Belgium's largest auto retailer, had a market share of 21.02 percent for July compared with 20.06 for the same month the prior year.
D'Ieteren distributes Volkswagen, Seat, Audi, Skoda, Bentley, Porsche and Lamborghini brands.
NOTE - The market shares include cars bought abroad but registered in Belgium.
(Reporting by Adrian Croft; editing by Barbara Lewis)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |