Gerdau sees little impact from Brazil's steel import tax decision
SAO PAULO Aug 1 (Reuters) - A decision by the Brazilian government not to renew an import tax on some steel products is unlikely to impact local mill Gerdau SA in a meaningful way, Gerdau executives said at a conference call on Thursday.
The decision will not have "a great impact" on Gerdau, the largest steelmaker in the Americas, Chief Executive André Gerdau-Johannpeter said.
- Israel knocks out Gaza power plant, digs in for long fight |
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- EU agrees first broad sanctions on Russia; Ukraine fighting kills dozens