Gerdau sees little impact from Brazil's steel import tax decision
SAO PAULO Aug 1 (Reuters) - A decision by the Brazilian government not to renew an import tax on some steel products is unlikely to impact local mill Gerdau SA in a meaningful way, Gerdau executives said at a conference call on Thursday.
The decision will not have "a great impact" on Gerdau, the largest steelmaker in the Americas, Chief Executive André Gerdau-Johannpeter said.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- Ford launches new global Mustang to buoy brand, boost margins