Gildan's profit rises 47 pct as cotton prices decline
August 1 (Reuters) - Canadian apparel maker Gildan Activewear Inc reported a 47 percent jump in third-quarter profit, helped by lower cotton prices and higher sales volume.
Net income rose to $115.8 million, or 94 cents per share, from $78.6 million, or 64 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales rose 2 percent to $614.3 million.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |
- Moscow defies Kiev, orders aid convoy onto Ukrainian soil
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- National Guard start pullout as protests in Ferguson turn calmer |