Gildan's profit rises 47 pct as cotton prices decline
August 1 (Reuters) - Canadian apparel maker Gildan Activewear Inc reported a 47 percent jump in third-quarter profit, helped by lower cotton prices and higher sales volume.
Net income rose to $115.8 million, or 94 cents per share, from $78.6 million, or 64 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales rose 2 percent to $614.3 million.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions