Gildan's profit rises 47 pct as cotton prices decline
August 1 (Reuters) - Canadian apparel maker Gildan Activewear Inc reported a 47 percent jump in third-quarter profit, helped by lower cotton prices and higher sales volume.
Net income rose to $115.8 million, or 94 cents per share, from $78.6 million, or 64 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales rose 2 percent to $614.3 million.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid in cabin wall, suitcases of cash at hand