Gildan's profit rises 47 pct as cotton prices decline
August 1 (Reuters) - Canadian apparel maker Gildan Activewear Inc reported a 47 percent jump in third-quarter profit, helped by lower cotton prices and higher sales volume.
Net income rose to $115.8 million, or 94 cents per share, from $78.6 million, or 64 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales rose 2 percent to $614.3 million.
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Islamic State tells followers to attack U.S., French citizens: website
- Kurds say they have halted Islamic State advance on Syrian town