India cbank chief: high consumer inflation due to cyclical problems
CHENNAI Aug 1 (Reuters) - Reserve Bank of India Governor Duvvuri Subbarao said on Thursday high consumer price inflation is due to cyclical and distributional problems.
India's annual consumer price inflation picked up in June to 9.87 percent, after slowing for three straight months.
However, at demand level, the inflation has come down, he said. Some sacrifice of growth in the short-term is inevitable while trying to bring down inflation, he added. (Reporting by Neha Dasgupta; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |