CANADA STOCKS-TSX jumps at open on robust data, Barrick gain
TORONTO, Aug 1 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index jumped in early Thursday trading, driven by strong economic data from China and Europe, as well as a gain in Barrick Gold Corp after the miner reported quarterly results. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 125.27 points, or 1 percent, at 12,611.91 shortly after the open.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections