CANADA STOCKS-TSX jumps at open on robust data, Barrick gain
TORONTO, Aug 1 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index jumped in early Thursday trading, driven by strong economic data from China and Europe, as well as a gain in Barrick Gold Corp after the miner reported quarterly results. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 125.27 points, or 1 percent, at 12,611.91 shortly after the open.
- Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard: report |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- China helping locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane: TV