Metro AG takes 30 mln eur hit from Praktiker insolvency
FRANKFURT Aug 1 (Reuters) - German retailer Metro said the insolvency of former subsidiary Praktiker had hurt it to the tune of over 30 million euros ($39.84 million).
"That comes from our role as both a tenant and service provider," Chief Executive Olaf Koch said on Thursday after the group earlier reported second-quarter results.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Israeli strikes kill more Palestinians; rocket causes huge blaze in Israel |
- Man suspected of shooting six dead in Texas to appear in court
- Four servicemen, five miners killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Obama tells Israel U.S. ready to help end hostilities