Metro AG takes 30 mln eur hit from Praktiker insolvency
FRANKFURT Aug 1 (Reuters) - German retailer Metro said the insolvency of former subsidiary Praktiker had hurt it to the tune of over 30 million euros ($39.84 million).
"That comes from our role as both a tenant and service provider," Chief Executive Olaf Koch said on Thursday after the group earlier reported second-quarter results.
Metro acts as the landlord for 40 Praktiker stores in Germany. ($1 = 0.7531 euros) (Reporting by Victoria Bryan; Editing by Christoph Steitz)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Mandela signer hits back: I'm sign language champion |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA