Metro AG takes 30 mln eur hit from Praktiker insolvency
FRANKFURT Aug 1 (Reuters) - German retailer Metro said the insolvency of former subsidiary Praktiker had hurt it to the tune of over 30 million euros ($39.84 million).
"That comes from our role as both a tenant and service provider," Chief Executive Olaf Koch said on Thursday after the group earlier reported second-quarter results.
Metro acts as the landlord for 40 Praktiker stores in Germany. ($1 = 0.7531 euros) (Reporting by Victoria Bryan; Editing by Christoph Steitz)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image