Metro AG takes 30 mln eur hit from Praktiker insolvency
FRANKFURT Aug 1 (Reuters) - German retailer Metro said the insolvency of former subsidiary Praktiker had hurt it to the tune of over 30 million euros ($39.84 million).
"That comes from our role as both a tenant and service provider," Chief Executive Olaf Koch said on Thursday after the group earlier reported second-quarter results.
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote but demand new powers |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Alibaba IPO prices at top of range, raising $21.8 billion |
- Yamal, Russia's gas megaplan, becomes symbol of sanctions defiance
- Relief for Europe as Scotland stays in United Kingdom