STXNEWS LATAM-Gerdau has no interest to bid for MMX's Sudeste port, CEO says
Brazilian steelmaker Gerdau SA is not interested in bidding for mining company MMX Mineração e Metálicos SA's Porto do Sudeste port compound, Chief Executive Officer André Gerdau-Johannpeter said on Thursday. MMX is reportedly putting up for sale a series of projects or finding partners to reduce debt and speed up execution.
"We are not considering anything," Gerdau-Johannpeter said at a conference call to discuss second-quarter earnings, when asked about a potential Gerdau bid for the Sudeste port.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions