Payrolls processor ADP's profit falls as expenses rise
(Reuters) - Payroll processor Automatic Data Processing Inc (ADP.O) reported an 11 percent fall in fourth-quarter profit, hurt by higher expenses.
Net earnings from continuing operations fell to $227 million, or 47 cents per share, in the quarter ended June from $256.2 million, or 52 cents per share, a year earlier.
Total revenue climbed 7 percent to $2.81 billion, helped by an improving U.S. jobs market.
(Reporting by Ashutosh Pandey in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Suspect in two California deputy deaths charged with murder, carjacking
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting