Toyota says July China auto sales down 3.5 percent year-on-year
BEIJING (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp (7203.T) and its two local joint-venture partners sold about 75,600 automobiles in China in July, down 3.5 percent from a year earlier, the Japanese automaker said on Thursday.
That follows a 9 percent year-on-year increase in June and a 0.3 percent climb in May.
In the first seven months of this year, through the end of July, Toyota sold a total of about 492,500 vehicles, down 5.4 percent from a year earlier.
Toyota, which operates joint ventures in China with FAW Group 000800.SZ and Guangzhou Automobile Group (601238.SS), is aiming to sell 900,000 vehicles in China this year, up 7.1 percent from 2012.
(Reporting By Norihiko Shirouzu; editing by Jonathan Standing)
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Russia threatens Ukraine after shell crosses border
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Heavy fighting breaks out near Libya's Tripoli airport, seven dead