CIT's clampdown only affects future shipments: source
(Reuters) - The tightened credit terms now being offered by CIT Group Inc (CIT.N) to small vendors supplying J.C. Penney Co Inc (JCP.N) only affects future shipments, a source familiar with the situation said on Wednesday.
The commercial lender and J.C. Penney are still in negotiations, according to the source, who declined to be identified as the negotiations are private.
CIT and J.C. Penney were not immediately available to comment.
(This story is corrected to show CIT is in negotiations with JC Penney, not vendors, paragraph 2)
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- China rejects U.S. criticism over jet encounter
- Protesters mark two weeks since police shooting in Ferguson, Missouri |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |