Vodafone restructures to create one European unit
LONDON (Reuters) - Vodafone said on Thursday it would merge its northern, central and southern European regions into one unit which will be led by Philipp Humm.
Under the reorganization to take place on October 1, the group's successful Turkish division will fit into the Africa, Middle East and Asia-Pacific unit.
Paolo Bertoluzzo, currently the head of southern Europe, will become the group's commercial and operations officer. Humm had been the head of northern and central Europe for the British mobile operator.
"These organizational changes will allow us to improve the customer experience and develop our commercial strategy more quickly and consistently," Chief Executive Vittorio Colao said.
(Reporting by Kate Holton; editing by Paul Sandle)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Teenager dies on Atlanta-bound flight, plane diverted
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal