Allianz not considering share buybacks now -CEO
FRANKFURT Aug 2 (Reuters) - ALLIANZ is not considering buying back its own shares at the moment, Chief Executive Michael Diekmann told a conference call with journalists on Friday.
Chief Financial Officer Dieter Wemmer also told the call the company expects a hit of around 200 million euros ($264.67 million) from a hail storm in area of Baden-Wuerttemberg late last month. The storm is estimated to have caused 40,000 residential damage claims and a further 40,000 car damage claims at Allianz.
($1 = 0.7557 euros) (Reporting by Jonathan Gould; editing by Edward Taylor)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea