Amadeus reports rise in first half earnings
MADRID Aug 2 (Reuters) - Spanish travel technology company Amadeus reported a 6.3 percent year-on-year increase in earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) to 646 million euros ($854.88 million), beating analysts' forecasts.
Amadeus, which provides technology solutions to travel companies, reported a 5.7 percent rise in revenues to 1.6 billion euros, also ahead of forecasts. The company said its competitive position in the market had lifted results despite a stagnant global economy. ($1 = 0.7557 euros) (Reporting by Clare Kane; Editing by Paul Day)
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- Texas mass murder suspect collapses in court as crime recounted
- British 'Harry Potter' actor David Legeno found dead in U.S. park