Berkshire Hathaway 2nd-quarter profit rises 46 pct
Aug 2 (Reuters) - Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc on Friday said second-quarter profit rose 46 percent, reflecting gains from investments and derivatives and higher earnings from non-insurance businesses.
Net income rose to $4.54 billion, or $2,763 per Class A share, from $3.11 billion, or $1,882 per share, a year earlier.
Operating profit rose 5 percent to $3.92 billion, or $2,384 per Class A share, from $3.72 billion, or $2,252 per share.
Analysts' on average expected operating profit of $2,170 per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- U.S. military strike in Somalia targeted al Shabaab leader
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Florida-bound Delta flight diverted over reclining seat dispute