CORRECTED-SNC-Lavalin reports quarterly loss on oil and gas weakness
(Fixes year-ago net income figure)
Aug 2 (Reuters) - Canadian engineering and construction firm SNC Lavalin Group Ltd reported a net loss on Friday, hurt by operating losses in its oil and gas, and infrastructure and environment units.
Net loss for the second quarter was C$37.5 million, or 25 Canadian cents. That compares with a net income of C$31.9 million, or 21 Canadian cents a share during the same year-ago period. (Reporting by Solarina Ho; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote