Iran's President Rouhani nominates cabinet - live TV
DUBAI Aug 4 (Reuters) - President Hassan Rouhani nominated Iran's former ambassador to the United Nations Mohammad Javad Zarif as foreign minister on Sunday and picked Bijan Zanganeh to return to the post of oil minister which he held under the reformist government from 1997 to 2005.
The cabinet nominations have to be approved by parliament. The speaker of parliament said the assembly would review the nominees in the next week.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Hong Kong crisis deepens after weekend clashes, talks set for Tuesday |
- World stocks advance on strong data, earnings