US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Dow, S&P 500 end weaker in low volume
NEW YORK Aug 5 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks drifted lower in low volume on Monday, following record closes for the Dow and the S&P 500 last week, as a lack of major news left the market directionless.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average was down 46.39 points, or 0.30 percent, at 15,611.97. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 2.56 points, or 0.15 percent, at 1,707.11. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 3.36 points, or 0.09 percent, at 3,692.95.
- Israel says shoots down Gaza drone as calls for truce mount |
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |