CORRECTED-Natixis sells commods brokerage to GF Securities-spox
(Corrects to show that London-based commodities brokerage, not entire commodities trading arm, being sold)
PARIS Aug 5 (Reuters) - Natixis has agreed to sell its London-based commodities brokerage to Chinese brokerage GF Securities, a spokeswoman for the French bank said on Monday.
The move comes as banks are facing increased regulatory scrutiny over an area which was once seen as a fast-growing market but has since emerged as a drag on capital at a time of tougher requirements.
The Financial Times earlier reported the Chinese brokerage paid slightly less than $40 million in cash for the unit. That figure could not immediately be confirmed. (Reporting By Christian Plumb; editing by Astrid Wendlandt and Tom Pfeiffer)
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Timeline: The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official