U.S. accuses Bank of America of mortgage-backed securities fraud
WASHINGTON Aug 6 (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department on Tuesday said it had filed a civil lawsuit against Bank of America for what government lawyers said was a fraud on investors involving $850 million of residential mortgage-backed securities.
The government filed the suit in U.S. District Court in Charlotte, North Carolina, the Justice Department said in a statement.
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |