U.S. accuses Bank of America of mortgage-backed securities fraud
WASHINGTON Aug 6 (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department on Tuesday said it had filed a civil lawsuit against Bank of America for what government lawyers said was a fraud on investors involving $850 million of residential mortgage-backed securities.
The government filed the suit in U.S. District Court in Charlotte, North Carolina, the Justice Department said in a statement.
- Crisis deepens as Ukraine says Russian troops back rebel advance
- Ukraine leader says Russian forces are in the country as key town falls
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks