U.S. accuses Bank of America of mortgage-backed securities fraud
WASHINGTON Aug 6 (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department on Tuesday said it had filed a civil lawsuit against Bank of America for what government lawyers said was a fraud on investors involving $850 million of residential mortgage-backed securities.
The government filed the suit in U.S. District Court in Charlotte, North Carolina, the Justice Department said in a statement.
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data