U.S. accuses Bank of America of mortgage-backed securities fraud
WASHINGTON Aug 6 (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department on Tuesday said it had filed a civil lawsuit against Bank of America for what government lawyers said was a fraud on investors involving $850 million of residential mortgage-backed securities.
The government filed the suit in U.S. District Court in Charlotte, North Carolina, the Justice Department said in a statement.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Mandela signer hits back: I'm sign language champion |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA