Emerson selling embedded computing unit as charge hits profit
Aug 6 (Reuters) - Emerson Electric Co reported a sharp drop in quarterly profit on Tuesday, hurt by an impairment charge for its embedded computing and power business, and said it was selling a majority stake in the business for about $300 million.
The diversified U.S. manufacturer said net income for the third quarter ended June 30 fell to $194 million, or 27 cents per share, from $770 million, or $1.04 per share, a year earlier.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- Home sales tumble, jobless claims at near nine-month high
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia