Emerson selling embedded computing unit as charge hits profit
Aug 6 (Reuters) - Emerson Electric Co reported a sharp drop in quarterly profit on Tuesday, hurt by an impairment charge for its embedded computing and power business, and said it was selling a majority stake in the business for about $300 million.
The diversified U.S. manufacturer said net income for the third quarter ended June 30 fell to $194 million, or 27 cents per share, from $770 million, or $1.04 per share, a year earlier.
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote