Genting Singapore Q2 core profit edges up 5 pct; below forecast
SINGAPORE Aug 6 (Reuters) - Genting Singapore Ltd reported a 5 percent rise in second-quarter core earnings, but the numbers came below market expectations and the company said its casino business was affected by a lower win percentage in the premium players' business.
Genting Singapore's Resorts World Sentosa and Las Vegas Sands' Marina Bay Sands' are the world's most profitable casinos, but analysts expect tepid growth due to China's economic slowdown and worries about rising debt from Chinese high-rollers.
Sitting on a cash pile of nearly S$4 billion, Genting Singapore said it was keen to expand overseas.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai