Marathon Oil quarterly profit rises
Aug 6 (Reuters) - Marathon Oil Corp on Tuesday reported a higher quarterly profit, helped by higher prices for natural gas.
Marathon, based in Houston, reported a second-quarter profit of $426 million, or 60 cents per share, compared with $393 million, or 56 cents per share in the same quarter a year earlier.
Total oil and gas output, excluding Libya, averaged 457,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boed) down from 485,000 boed in the prior quarter.
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups agree to three-day Gaza truce |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |