US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St extends losses; Nasdaq off more than 1 pct
NEW YORK Aug 6 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks fell sharply on Tuesday, with the Nasdaq briefly dipping more than 1 percent, as investors booked profits from a rally that has taken indexes to new record highs last week.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 107.52 points, or 0.69 percent, at 15,504.61. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 10.37 points, or 0.61 percent, at 1,696.77. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 29.85 points, or 0.81 percent, at 3,663.10.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections