OfficeMax quarterly results miss analysts' estimates
Aug 6 (Reuters) - OfficeMax Inc reported weaker-than-expected second-quarter results on Tuesday, hurt by lackluster sales to its corporate customers and regular shoppers.
The third-largest U.S. office supply chain, which is in a deal to be bought by rival Office Depot, said its net loss was $10.0 million, or 12 cents a share, compared with year-earlier net income of $10.7 million, or 12 cents a share.
Excluding items, OfficeMax earned 2 cents a share, missing the analysts' average estimate of 3 cents, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- Train with MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine base |
- Bodies, black boxes handed over from Ukraine crash site |
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad