First Solar profit misses estimates; cuts 2013 forecast
Aug 6 (Reuters) - First Solar Inc reported a smaller-than-expected quarterly profit, hurt by lower revenue from its systems business, and the company cut its 2013 forecast.
Net income fell to $33.6 million, or 37 cents per share, in the second quarter, from $111 million, or $1.27 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 46 percent to $519.8 million.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Islamic State militants behead captive Lebanese soldier: video
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic