First Solar profit misses estimates; cuts 2013 forecast
Aug 6 (Reuters) - First Solar Inc reported a smaller-than-expected quarterly profit, hurt by lower revenue from its systems business, and the company cut its 2013 forecast.
Net income fell to $33.6 million, or 37 cents per share, in the second quarter, from $111 million, or $1.27 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 46 percent to $519.8 million.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Russia media say Crimea votes 93 percent to quit Ukraine |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat