Iran's Rouhani says if U.S. shows goodwill, way for talks is open
DUBAI (Reuters) - New Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said on Tuesday that if the United States demonstrated goodwill towards Iran and an atmosphere of mutual respect was created, the way was open for talks to remove the concerns of both sides.
"What matters to us is the practical policy and strategy of the United States. If the United States shows goodwill and intentions ... and without any secret agenda, if they approach this way, then the way will be open," he told his first news conference as president.
(Reporting by Marcus George and Yeganeh Torbati; Writing by Jon Hemming; Editing by Mike Collett-White)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea