Sony falls after it rejects Loeb's entertainment spin-off proposal
TOKYO (Reuters) - Shares in Sony Corp dropped 3 percent to 2,073 yen ($21.03) on Tuesday after the Japanese consumer electronics firm rejected proposals from activist shareholder Daniel Loeb to spin off a part of its entertainment business.
($1 = 98.5900 Japanese yen)
(Reporting by Dominic Lau; Editing by Paul Tait)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow heads East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
Protesters respond to calls to defend their demonstration from possible police intervention. Slideshow