Acer swings to surprise loss in Q2, lagging forecasts
TAIPEI, August 7
TAIPEI, August 7 (Reuters) - Acer Inc, the world's No.4 PC vendor, unexpectedly swung to a net loss of T$343 million ($11.4 million) in the second quarter from a T$56 million profit year ago.
Sixteen analysts polled by Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S had forecast a median profit of T$213.4 million for the quarter.
Acer also reported an operating loss of T$613 million, which it attributed largely to increasing expenses on investments to strengthen its industrial design capability, according to a statement on Wednesday.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East