AIG extends deadline on sale of $4.8bln aircraft leasing unit-Basis Point
HONG KONG Aug 7 (Reuters) - U.S. insurer American International Group Inc has extended the deadline for the sale of its $4.8 billion ILFC aircraft leasing unit to a Chinese consortium to Aug. 31, Basis Point, a Thomson Reuters publication, reported on Wednesday, citing sources.
AIG Chief Executive Bob Benmosche said last week on a post-earnings conference call that the company was open to an initial public offering of the unit if a deal does not go through.
The Chinese consortium, which has missed earlier deadlines, includes P3 Investments, New China Trust Co, one-fifth owned by Barclays Plc and China Aviation Industrial Fund.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |