BTG Pactual sees no impact from EBX exposure
SAO PAULO Aug 7 (Reuters) - Grupo BTG Pactual SA , Brazil's largest independent investment bank, sees no impact from its exposure to struggling energy and mining conglomerate Grupo EBX, to which it is a key financial adviser and lender, Chief Executive Officer André Esteves said on Wednesday.
The association with EBX could yield income from mergers and acquisitions work as EBX downsizes, Esteves told analysts on a conference call to discuss second-quarter earnings.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Dementia epidemic looms with 135 million sufferers seen by 2050
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'