Dexia posts H1 loss of 905 mln euros
BRUSSELS Aug 7 (Reuters) - Nationalised Franco-Belgian financial group Dexia on Wednesday posted a smaller net loss in the first half of 2013 than in the same period last year.
Dexia, about 95 percent owned by France and Belgium, said it made a net loss of 905 million euros ($1.20 billion) in the first half of 2013, against a 1.17 billion euro loss a year ago.
France, Belgium and Luxembourg guarantee the group's borrowings by up to 85 billion euros. ($1 = 0.7513 euros) (Reporting by Robert-Jan Bartunek; Editing by Miral Fahmy)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Seagram chairman, WJC head Edgar Bronfman dead at 84
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens |