Malaysia's June factory output up 3.3 percent on year, misses forecast
KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Malaysia's industrial production in June rose 3.3 percent from a year earlier, missing expectations, data from the Statistics Department showed on Wednesday.
A Reuters poll of 14 economists had forecast factory output to rise to 3.8 percent in June, improving slightly from a month ago, although economists cautioned that continued weakness in external demand would weigh on the country's domestic-oriented industries.
(Reporting by Niluksi Koswanage; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
Protesters respond to calls to defend their demonstration from possible police intervention. Slideshow