Valeant posts profit, raises 2013 outlook
Aug 7 (Reuters) - Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc , Canada's biggest publicly traded drugmaker, raised its full-year adjusted profit outlook and reported a second-quarter profit, boosted by sales in its skincare acquisitions.
The company's net income was $10.9 million, or 3 cents per share, for the three months ended June compared with a loss of $21.6 million, or 7 cents, a year earlier.
Valeant raised its full-year forecast for adjusted profit, which it calls cash earnings, to $6.00-$6.20 per share from its prior estimate of $5.55-$5.85 per share.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details |