Canadian Tire profit up 16 pct as retail sales rise
Aug 8 (Reuters) - Canadian Tire Corp, best known for automotive and homeware stores, reported a 16 percent rise in second-quarter profit as higher sales in its namesake retail brand boosted margins.
The company's net income rose to C$154.9 million ($148.6 million), or C$1.91 per share, from C$133.7 million, or C$1.63 per share, a year earlier.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message