Commerzbank Q2 net profit 43 mln eur, misses expectations
FRANKFURT Aug 8 (Reuters) - Commerzbank, Germany's No.2 lender, saw earnings drop in the second quarter as it suffered from a slowing European economy and the low-interest environment.
Commerzbank's net profit of 43 million euros was short of the average forecast of 65 million euros in a Reuters poll of banks and brokerages.
"The implementation of the strategic measures is progressing as scheduled and in part even somewhat faster. The revenues before loan loss provisions stabilised in the second quarter," Chief Executive Martin Blessing said in a statement on Thursday. (Reporting by Arno Schuetze; Editing by Jonathan Gould)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study