Novo says was visited by China authorities in August
COPENHAGEN Aug 8 (Reuters) - Danish drugmaker Novo Nordisk was visited by authorities at its production unit in Tianjin in China on Aug. 1, Chief Financial Officer Jesper Brandgaard said at a press briefing.
"One of our local premises in Tianjin was visited by the local administration for industry and commerce ... and we were asked to provide information regarding our operations in China," Brandgaard said.
"We have not been informed, and are not otherwise aware, that Novo Nordisk is part of an ongoing government investigation in China," he said.
A number of drug companies are under investigation in the wake of a bribery scandal in the country. (Reporting by Mette Fraende and Stine Jacobsen; Editing by David Holmes)
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai