REFILE-Savills benefits from strong property markets in UK and Asia
LONDON Aug 8 (Reuters) - British property consultancy Savills Plc said property markets in the UK and Asia were strong as it reported a 40 percent profit rise for the first half of 2013.
The company said on Thursday underlying profit before tax grew to 26 million pounds ($40.3 million) in the six months through June, compared with 19.7 million in the same period last year.
Savills, which competes with CBRE Group Inc and Jones Lang LaSalle Inc, said its first-half performance had also been helped by restructuring and reinvestment in continental Europe, reducing losses there.
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |