TUI AG CEO says all options open for Hapag-Lloyd cruise business
FRANKFURT Aug 8 (Reuters) - All options are open for TUI AG's Hapag-Lloyd cruises business, which is currently being restructured, the group's chief executive said.
TUI AG is confident that it can return Hapag-Lloyd Kreuzfahrten to profit by its 2014/15 financial year, but needs to review the unit's strategic fit, Friedrich Joussen told analysts during a conference call on Thursday, after the group published quarterly financial results.
He also said TUI AG still wanted to exit its stake in container shipping firm Hapag-Lloyd, which is unrelated to the cruises business, via a sale or initial public offering once the market environment was favourable.
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Man charged with killing NFL player Peterson's son released on bond: report