GDF Suez to buy Balfour Beatty's WorkPlace unit: report
PARIS (Reuters) - French utility GDF Suez (GSZ.PA) is buying British construction firm Balfour Beatty's (BALF.L) UK facilities management division, WorkPlace, Les Echos newspaper reported on Thursday.
Balfour Chief Executive Andrew McNaughton said in March that the company was still reviewing the future of the division, which maintains parts of London's Olympic Park, and that a third party may be better placed to invest in the business.
A spokeswoman for GDF Suez declined to comment on the report in Les Echos.
(Reporting by Matthieu Protard; Editing by Anthony Barker)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap