Carl Icahn increases Nuance stake to 16 percent: filing
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Activist investor Carl Icahn increased his stake in speech recognition and digital imaging software maker Nuance Communications Inc to 16.03 percent, a regulatory filing showed Thursday.
Icahn's stake in Nuance stood at 10.72 percent as of April 30. Apple Inc uses Nuance's speech recognition technology in its iPhone devices as part of its "Siri" voice recognition feature.
Shares of Nuance were up 1.7 percent to $19.42 per share in intraday trading Thursday.
(Reporting by Sam Forgione; Editing by Nick Zieminski)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- IMF's Lagarde put under investigation in French fraud case |