GDF buys Balfour Beatty's UK facilities unit
PARIS Aug 9 (Reuters) - GDF Suez said on Friday it had acquired WorkPlace, the facilities management unit of Britain's Balfour Beatty, to bolster its energy services and facilities operations in Britain.
The enterprise value of the business on a debt and cash free basis is 190 million pounds ($296 million), but the cash payment will be reduced by pension liabilities and any net debt transferring with the business, GDF said in a statement.
Completion is expected in the fourth quarter of 2013, it added.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe looks overseas, stolen cards offered online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |